Are you a bright, energetic, passionate person looking to join a world-class consumer tech startup? Then please consider Blink. We are a 40+ person team based in Andover, MA, about 20 miles north of Boston. We develop battery powered video enabled home security and monitoring products at the dawn of the Internet of Things. We do things fast (raised over $1M on Kickstarter in under 6 weeks), we do things in house (from ASIC design to DevOps to marketing to customer care), and we do things well (over 5,000 Amazon 5-star reviews).
We are looking for a Marketing Specialist to assist in our product and retail marketing initiatives. From involvement with our national television opportunities, to participation in world-renowned events, to management of in-store promotions, you will be exposed to a number of high-level projects and will be expected to learn quickly in this fast-paced and rapidly growing environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work directly with Senior Marketing Manager to achieve retail and product marketing goals.
- Achieve and maintain expertise on competitive and market trends through conducting research and delivering proposals accordingly.
- Collaborate with creative teams (both internal and external) to develop assets to be used online, in print, and on television.
- Identify, develop, and execute brand awareness and promotional opportunities to be used in retail, at events, on television, and online.
- Understand our target audience and associated positioning strategy and communicate this messaging effectively through creative assets, promotional materials, etc.
- Assist in all event preparation including, but not limited to, creation of promotional material and event concept.
- Act as brand ambassador at events, and in daily lifestyle.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (Marketing, Communications, etc.) required.
- Commitment and proven ability to consistently deliver on tasks within a given timeline.
- Strong and dedicated work ethic.
- Thorough understanding of marketing, branding, and positioning strategies.
- Solid problem-solving skills, specifically the demonstrated ability to independently and collaboratively determine and execute creative solutions.
- Passion to learn quickly with the goal of ultimately owning, leading, and managing projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Confidence in working both independently and with a team.
- Solid computer skills, specifically with MS Office. Experience with marketing software (such as Adobe Creative Suite) a plus.
- Well-organized and detail oriented.